What a strange prompt, I think. Texture. I look up the meaning on the Internet to help me understand. Cambridge Dictionary says this:
What texture do I remember of 2016?
What did I touch? Feel?
- The touch of wine grapes in a wine-making plant in Baramati.
- The smooth feel of my car’s steering wheel.
- I remembered the warmth of the sun, its touch a gentle caress in Scotland.
- I hold close the smooth pebble, gifted by a cherished friend.
- I remember the rough edges of the knife’s blade as I chop vegetables.
- I can feel the contours of the keyboard as I type.
Yet, I forget most of what I have touched. It makes me understand one crucial aspect of myself that I have not paid attention to this year – it’s the sense of touch.
Maybe, that’s why we have another year?